Tuesday, October 14, 2008

RIP Candlestick holder

Monica just left on a business trip this afternoon, so I have the kids for the next couple of days. Does this mean that things must go wrong? I'm not sure. I hope not. Have fun on your trip; we love you!

So why have I posted a picture of a candlestick holder?

Well, after I put Maddy and Maya to bed, I let Macy stay up a bit longer. She made her way into the kitchen while I was on the computer in another room and all of the sudden I thought I heard 3 weird musical notes, like the NBC chime, but pitched higher and different. I first thought it was part of a toy, but it didn't sound familiar, so I went to investigate. When I arrived in the kitchen I saw Macy sitting on the floor, and a large thick glass candlestick holder, similar to the one in this picture, broken on the floor with her. It must have bounced to make those chimes, and there was little Macy sitting still in the midst of it. She had glass on her left and glass on her right. I picked up glass almost right next to her and also several feet away. After I surveyed the situation, I checked Macy out and was surprised that she did not have a single scratch on her. That glass is sharp! I even cut my little pinky finger, trying to gather up the little shards. She wasn't even crying, she was just sitting there.
So the thought for the evening is: We always pray to Heavenly Father to keep us safe, and He really does.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warren He dose keep us safe especially little children. I dont have alot of faith but i have enough to know that i got bit buy a blasted Great Dane on my freeking arm today about 30 min ago and i have two, might i add Big teeth holes in my shirt and a little scrach on my arm where two big teeth holes should be! and believe me i was greatfull and very Thankfull it was only a scrach! There might be some people who get the scrach and rationalise that they were not looked after and beacome ungreatfull! I hope they dont encounter another mad GREAT DANE!!!

Anonymous said...

Bytheway i am glad that Macy's was alright!

Warren's Blog said...

Wow, Robert, I'm glad you are ok!
Did you call the police? That dog should not be allowed to roam free. The next time it could kill a little child.
Were you outside when this happened?

Anonymous said...

My roommates freeking dog! She is a good dog but i was moving sorta quick towards the owner of the dog and the dog thought i was going to atack him or somthing. The next thing i saw was this big mouth with these giant teath lunging toward me! believe you me, not somthing high on my things to happen to me ever again list! O the dog just had 12 little pups the outher day so she was acting a little weard aswell. anyway i will walk alittle slower around the dog from now on!

Warren's Blog said...

Ever think about getting a new roomate? You shouldn't have to tip-toe around in your own house.
Anyway, I'm glad you are ok.
Give me a call later.
Warren

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Pam told me all about the great dane... the same dog bit Pam's face... almost took an eye out. Seriously, Robert, you should report that dog!

Anyway, Warren,
Wow. Sitting in the middle of a pile of broken glass! Macy was for sure protected. We've had many similar things happen to us. And I'm convinced that every child that grows into adulthood and is healthy or unharmed is by a miracle and by God's good grace.

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

I'm glad she didn't get a scratch!
Scary!
I can just see cute little Macy sitting there looking at you as you enter the room like "Hi Dad. What's up?"

Warren's Blog said...

It sounds like that dog needs to go to the pound. If it has a history of violence, then it does not have a place around people. I would call the police, and I would find another place to live.
The dog's owner is a moron, and he should be charged with assault.

Anonymous said...

Yes i agree, i am moving out today after talking to Dad and Pam again! they bolth were quite upset!! Especially Pam if you could imagine! The renter told me he will refund my rent and deposit no problem! Joel the fathers son who lives with me and who i give my rent to his dog just had 12 pups and he is selling them to pay for school. The rentors are good people but they know they made a mistake by keeping the dog in the home wile renting! I could do alot more but i will leave it at that. Believe me he knows he could be sued and have his dog taken from him but i am not out to get him for money. The renter and his father i believe have learned there lessons and in the future will keep the dog in a safe place like the backyard away from the rentors! I am just glad that Pam and myself weren't seriously injured permanently. Great Danes are Big dogs! Well i learned a lesson from this! I am a passive guy at times maby to much, i am learning to be more agressive when things like this happen, it is the right thing to do!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

WHAT THE CRAP?

pam almost got her eye taken out??
robert attacked by the same dog
and macy avoids any shards of glass?


i better watch my steps, looks like someone's out for the snidemans this week.

man you guys

Warren's Blog said...

Is Pam Ok? That poor girl can't catch a break. Did she need stitches?
I'm glad you got your rent and deposit back. I think that was a decent thing for them to do.
Good luck on finding a new place to live, and thanks for listening to our advice. You could have been really hurt.
Love you, Bro!

Anonymous said...

Pams fine, no stiches required!