I made a casserole dish the other day and I thought of Mom and how much she would like to come down and try some with me.
Monica makes this desert from time to time. I really appreciate her for that.
I think I will start posting her recipes so that we can all have a taste.
This was one of our favorites. On Sunday morning mom would tell us not to touch the desert.
Which one of you sneaked a cherry when she wasn't looking?

Monica makes this desert from time to time. I really appreciate her for that.
I think I will start posting her recipes so that we can all have a taste.
This was one of our favorites. On Sunday morning mom would tell us not to touch the desert.
Which one of you sneaked a cherry when she wasn't looking?





13 comments:
I've been wanting Mom's version of Bannana Split Cake for...ever!
Thanks for posting it. I think posting moms recipies is an awsome idea! Especially because you are the only one who has them!
Hey, so if I ask for a specific recipe will you post or email it to me?????
I'm so excited to make this yummy dessert! Thanks Warren!
Sure, I'll take requests. I think I'll do a Flashback Food Friday and Post a new recipie each week.
Any requests?
ya great idea, and maybe you could send the real thing out to those who's names are on them. that would be even better
Hey Susan,
I doubt Pam's "secret pal" would be interested in the original Bannana Split Cake paper.
These are more than just recipies. They are memories that mom wrote with her own hand.
There is no way I'm about to split those up. You have to think long term about this.
One day, they will be inherited and perserved as a complete set.
To do anything else would devalue them.
I thought it would be nice to scan them in, as it is a excellent and easy way to perserve their natural look and distrubute them to all family members at once.
When I'm all done, I'll have a complete electronic recipie book with all of Mom's goodies in it.
Everyone who want's one will get a copy.
Warren, that's an AWSOME idea! I think they should stay together as well! It would definately devalue them if they were all split up.
Plus I like knowing what recipies were founded by what person and such.
Anyway, Warren, that would be a perfect Christmas present to us...
Someday when you have the time. It would take TIME and lots of it to scan all recipies, but dang! What a treasure!!!!!!!
Thanks for your support, Nancy. I know it will take a lot of time and effort, but I think it will be worth it.
I'll be looking for a good recipie progam so I can scan them in and organize them by category, date, person or whatever else you want.
It's going to be so cool when it's finished, better than ever.
I'll still post recipies on the blog while I'm compiling the database. It's just a teaser until I can finish the real thing.
Do you know of any good recipie programs out there?
Love you,
Warren
wow, nancy, you say one thing to me and another to warren...whatever
warren, i was talking about the ones with specific names on them....like
sally's monterey chicken and rice
or
james' stuffed shells.
obviously i think those should go to those people who mom put as the inspiration for the recipe.
that would only be right. you are the only one with an original hand written treasure from mom, and there are some that i think mom meant for certain people, hence the name on the front...having them split up doesnt devalue them. it allows everyone the privilage of having some of mom's original recipes....same value for everyone, instead of just one.
if you really think a copy is just as good as the original...
then why don't you make a copy for yourself and pass them on to someone, or everyone else?
The truth is...if anyone deserves the "original" set, then it would be pamela. She spent the most time with mom and would appreciate those recipes more than anyone of us. Sure on occasion you and monica would stop by...and you certainly visited more than I did. But you think copies are great and that is a good thing. You should make a copy for you and Monica and I think the real thing should go to Pamela...that is if you intend to keep them all together.
That is what I think
Susan, you crack me up. I can totally hear you speaking in your last blog comment. Whatever! ;)
Would you like to scan thousands of recipies into a cookbook program and send them out to the family? Do you think I want to do that because I'm so selfish and only want to hog Mom all to myself?
You were right there with everyone else when you agreed that I should have the recipies and now I'm trying to be responsible with them.
I can understand that you would want those recipies with your name on them.
I'm not thinking about that. I'm thinking about our great great grandchildren. The more of Mom that we preserve together, the more valuable it will be to her desendants. I'm perserving a peice of Mom's life and it would be irresponsible for me to break that up.
Sallie, I would gladly give the recipies to Pam. However Pam has not spoken to me in years. All Pam would have to do is ask me, but she won't return my calls. Besides, I don't really think she would do anything with them, do you?
They need to be perserved as a whole and shared with everybody, don't you see? I don't need to have them. I don't really care who has them, as long as he or she accepts that responsibity.
I was actually thinking of laminating them into a book when I'm finished scanning them.
Maybe then we can rotate them between us. I don't really care. I just don't want to split them up.
no warren, i was there when Monica offered to take them home until me, sally and her could go through them and divide them up equally (i think i spelled that wrong.)
ask monica, and if she doesn't remember, ask sal.
we were going to do it then with everyone there but decided against it where it could be done later in a more peaceful environment....
and, i never called you selfish.
i think it is an awesome idea to scan it and put them in a book...and sure i would take that on.
let me say that again, AWESOME IDEA
but, i don't think the ones mom meant to go to certain people should be kept from them.
obviously everyone can't have ALL the originals....hence the great idea of yours....but everyone should have some originals...since they bring more sentiment then a copy.
they would still be all together, in a book.
therefore being preserved "together" forever.
think about it warren.
and you said, think about the great grand children
well you've got yours covered, what about all the others???
I think there are certain ones that belong with certain people...after the scans of course.
and handing out those ones wouldn't make the rest of the recipes less valuable.
splitting them up would spread down for generations among ALL OF MOMS CHILDREN a piece of her, not just to a select few.
that is all i'm trying to say.
Dang Susan, you're as long winded and stubborn as I am. Maybe those are Snideman traits.
I don't think you understand. All the originals are going into a book so they can stay together.
Let me put it to you this way. We need a Moroni to take the book of mom and preserve it for future generations.
If you want to be Moroni, then just ask. If you just want to tear out pages of the book of mom and scatter them around, then the book will not be preserved.
I understand your opinion, I just think it's shortsided.
Whoever wants to keep the book can keep it. Just respect the book. GOT IT? Dang girl, how many times do I have to explain this to you?
And what do you mean:
"well you've got yours covered, what about all the others???"
First of all, adding 2 extra question marks does not make it more of a question. And second of all, that was a silly thing to say.
And third of all, thank you so much for commenting on my blog. :)
what i meant by
"you've got yours covered"
was a response to your statement...think of the great grand children....so just clearing that up.
and yes, i think i inherited grandpa's stubborn streak...and i married into a family who has passed down that trait as well
my poor kids got a double whammie!
i read your new blog and i'm glad you see what i was trying to say, i see what you are trying to say also.
anyway.
looks like your pain meds don't effect your words...:)
Post a Comment