Friday, November 2, 2007

Recovery

Thanks everybody. The surgery went very well, I still have a little numbness in the right foot, but we'll see how if feels in the morning.

I finished with surgery around 7:30 or 8:00pm and I was actually able to stand up to go #1 in a urinal.

This might be a little TMI, but the nurse was right there watching me. She turned on the sink water(I thought that was pretty funny), helped me stand up, and waited. I guess she wanted to make sure I didn't fall. Have you ever tried to go when someone was watching? Anyway, she eventually left and everything came out ok. :) I feel so much better.

They have me hooked up to a pump with demorol in it. I just press in when I need some relief. I just hit the button on my demorol pump. I'm trying to be conservative with it, but I'm pretty sure It won't be easy to sleep without the relief.

I can feel it washing over me. I should try and rest. Goodnight everyone and thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I think we're reading the writings of Superman...2 hours out of surgery and he's blogging...how can that be???!!!
How funny to read about the nurse, I'm sure that had to be a bit uncomfortable!
I hope you continue to mend and recover fully from your surgery. Take care and God Bless.
Debbie

Warren's Blog said...

Thanks Debbie, you're so sweet. I'm still here in my hospital bed so this is the perfect time to do a little blogging. Besides, lying in bed can get sooo boring. Blogging helps pass the time.