Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy(Chinese?) New Year



If you get a fortune cookie that says "2008 will be great", don't read too much into it.

the Chinese year won't be 2008, it will be 4705.

It doesn't really even matter, because the actual Chinese New Year isn't until Febuary 5th.

.. and the above jingle doesn't even rhyme in Chinese.

However, the year of the RAT is coming.



What is your Chinese animal? Click on the link to find out. (I am a monkey :)

http://www.grassrootsdesign.com/zodiac/zsrch.php

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hut Warren i like the post, thats funny. Take a gess what i am, a freaking RAT. Now Sally and Adam whan we play games and i am winning you can say "youuuuu dirty rat"
and it will even be more funny!!!
i love you Warren

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

thanks alot, warren...
the last thing I want to know is that I'm a boar!!!!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

hut, i'm a rabbit, it said

The rabbit is talented, ambitious & quite lucky. Having virtuous qualities, you tend to have very good taste & are some what reserved: You are admired, trusted & are loving to those very close to you. Business wise & conscientious you never back out of a contract. Seldom do you lose your temper.

i'm going to do joe's now

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

here's joes

he is a BUFFALO

HUT HUT

I've called him a "tatonka" from time to time...it means buffalo in indian...remember dances with wolves....
HUT

here is what it said about him.

The buffalo is patient & speaks little. However, when you do speak it may be of great meaning. You inspire others to gain confidence. Although you are easy going & alert mentally & physically, you can anger easily are somewhat stubborn. The Buffalo dislikes failure & being opposed. Guard against treating love as a kind of game.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

you know what's freaking funny...it really describes us pretty well.

seriously.

i totally laughed when i read these, especially joes

HUT

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

you would never think a
RABBIT and a BUFFALO

could live happily ever after!!

hut

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

thanks warren, this is cool

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

i think i'll do the kids now

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

S-tiger
H-rabbit
L-snake
B-rooster


but their descriptions didn't really describe them...a little but overall...no

i find it perfect that you are a monkey warren!!!

Warren's Blog said...

Hey Susan,
Glad you are enjoying the animals. Some Chinese people really take this stuff seriously. They will pick a mate for their kids based on the zodiac.
Here is the official Chinese site(In English)
http://www.c-c-c.org/chineseculture/zodiac/zodiac.html

Warren's Blog said...

Hey Nancy,
THe Pig is a great animal to be. MOnica is a Pig.
Here is a little about the Pig(or Boar:

Unlike the animal that Americans think of when they consider a Pig, the Chinese consider the Pig as one of the most pleasant and productive animals. They are home-lovers who put a lot of attention toward family matters. Pigs are models of sincerity, purity, tolerance, and honor.

Pigs simply want to do everything right, and have an unrelenting optimistic attitude.

Pigs are industrious in business as well as home life. They finish the projects that they begin, and do so with great enthusiasm. In business, they can become extremely successful and usually reap the financial benefits of such accomplishments.

Pigs get along well with almost everyone, and they typically have a large and varied collection of good friends. Like the Monkey, the Pig is intellectual-- a character with a great thirst for knowledge.

The Pig was such an integral part of the home in China that the Chinese character for "family" consists of the sign for a roof, under which is the character for a Pig.

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

If I could emmulate all those qualities I wouldn't mind being a pig. I do like family... and projects...

Maria Tortilla said...

I'm a horse, The horse is popular, cheerful and smart with the use of money. Wise and talented, It say's I may be showy it times and although perceptive, sometimes saying to much. Large crowds are enjoyable to you. The horse is known to be impatient and hot blooded in all regards but your daily work.
Weird I think!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Marie, the horse sounds so arrogant and just so not you. I know you hate large crowds, and you're not "showy" at all, and you're not hot blooded either.

That is weird, you're not a horse.

Maria Tortilla said...

Nancy, I thought it was weird too, It's one way or another, It Ether Describes one perfectly or completely gets it wrong.