Thanks for posting a picture of Helen Louise! I always thought that George was the spitting image of Herman, but I can see from this photo, where Geo's crooked smile comes from!
Right after Geo & I had started dating, he followed me up to UT for our family vacation when Suzi was checking out BYU. George & I went to visit Julie's gravesite, along with Geo's mom. When I saw her headstone, I had to catch my breath....her name is the same as MY MOM's!! It was one of the many Twlight Zone moments that we had early on in our relationship.
I've heard nothing but wonderful things about your grandma from Dorothy, John and Richard, and of course your Dad. I look forward to meeting her in due time.
Hey Debbie, Thanks for the lovely post. Her picture conjures up fond memories. My dad would constantly tell her not to give us candy. She would make her case saying something like "Oh George, it's not going to hurt them.” My dad is persistent, so she usually let it drop. But after his back was turned she would slip me and Pam a candy bar and tell us to keep it quiet. You can imagine how eager we were to keep that promise! I think she enjoyed seeing us enjoy something that she couldn't.
Your mom has a good name.
I hope you meet your mother-in-law in a long long time.
And did you ever say "in due time" before you met my dad? That totally sounded like him. :)
6 comments:
Thanks for posting a picture of Helen Louise! I always thought that George was the spitting image of Herman, but I can see from this photo, where Geo's crooked smile comes from!
Right after Geo & I had started dating, he followed me up to UT for our family vacation when Suzi was checking out BYU. George & I went to visit Julie's gravesite, along with Geo's mom. When I saw her headstone, I had to catch my breath....her name is the same as MY MOM's!! It was one of the many Twlight Zone moments that we had early on in our relationship.
I've heard nothing but wonderful things about your grandma from Dorothy, John and Richard, and of course your Dad. I look forward to meeting her in due time.
Hey Debbie,
Thanks for the lovely post. Her picture conjures up fond memories. My dad would constantly tell her not to give us candy. She would make her case saying something like "Oh George, it's not going to hurt them.” My dad is persistent, so she usually let it drop. But after his back was turned she would slip me and Pam a candy bar and tell us to keep it quiet. You can imagine how eager we were to keep that promise! I think she enjoyed seeing us enjoy something that she couldn't.
Your mom has a good name.
I hope you meet your mother-in-law in a long long time.
And did you ever say "in due time" before you met my dad? That totally sounded like him. :)
I wish I had the chance to meet her. Having a grandma around would kick butt!
I wish someone handed me candy bars... wait, Pam did. I wonder if that's where she got it.
aunt bev did too james...you just don't remember
she always brought us jelly beans and brach's pic a mix
I'll give you a candy bar, James.
Post a Comment